Dis-Chem Pharmacies has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources (Employee Relations) Graduate. The candidate will be required to assist with administrating COIDA claims; provident fund claims, capturing data on excel spread sheets and taking minutes in various forums.
- Grade 12 / Matric or Senior Certificate
- LLB Degree, Diploma or Degree in Human Resource, Industrial Relations or any related qualification
- 1-2 years relevant experience
Function and duties:
- Identify and maintain various types of records relevant to the department according to Dis-Chem standard operating procedures.
- Ensure to conduct work in line with Dis-Chem and industry professional standard.
- Maintain existing information systems for the department, and be able to report on these if needed.
- Familiarise oneself on a constant basis with the Dis-Chem structures and its various departments to facilitate operational effectiveness of the department.
- Execute instructions that were received from superiors on a daily basis according to set guidelines.
- Maintain effective working relationships and communication with colleagues.
- Keep informed of current affairs related to the retail industry and own departments functioning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business unit functions and duties and act accordingly.
- Maintain good working relationships with external clients.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues and clients in a verbal and written manner when applicable.
- Human Resource knowledge
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- English – Read, write and speak well
- Trustworthy and Honest
- Have an internal willingness to assist and help others
- Pay attention to detail
- Handling information with extreme confidentiality
- Be deadline driven
- Be able to interpret various information
- 2nd Additional language
- Initiative in improving existing processes
Special conditions of employment:
- South African citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit record
Remuneration and benefits:
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.