Dis-Chem Pharmacies has an opportunity available for a Store Health Manager for its Menlyn store. The purpose of the role is to manage the health division within the store, this entails stock control, working towards achieving sales targets, managing in-store promotions, implementing head office initiatives.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Minimum of 3 years’ retail and sales experience
- Minimum of 1-year experience in supervision/management of a staff complement of between 3 and 8 people
- Computer literate – MS Office
- Qualification within the health focus category
- Relevant experience in the vitamins, supplements and health food industry
- SAP experience
- Qlikview experience
- Direct and support sales staff under the guidance of the Store Manager and in accordance with the Dis-Chem policies, procedures and retail working practices.
- Ensure implementation of Head office, Regional Manager and Regional Health Manager Strategy and initiatives.
- Manage staff member performance through the performance management system.
- Ensure the Health Division is adequately staffed at all times, and establish an appropriate work roster.
- Manage all in-store promoters for the department.
- Manage and address customer compliments and complaints.
- Serve customers and implement a high standard of customer care and service.
- Maintain merchandising and displays, to ensure a high standard of cleanliness.
- Ensure all goods are correctly priced and labelled.
- Working towards achieving department, vendor, brand, products and sales objectives.
- Ensure monthly promotions are implemented effectively to maximise its objectives.
- Maintain optimal stock levels through effective planning, monitoring and ordering of stock.
- Manage sales representatives and direct supplier orders.
- Ensure proper stock rotation to prevent the stock from expiring.
- Manage back shopping in the designated areas.
- Be accountable and manage stock control through effective planning and ordering of stock in collaboration with Dis-Chem’s warehouse and suppliers.
- Product knowledge
- Management of staff and stock
- Sales and promotional management
- Good communication skills
- Financial skills
- Set up and interpret financial reports
- Customer service
- Honest and trustworthy
Special conditions of employment:
- Willing and able to work retail hours
- Able and physically fit for walking, standing, climbing, kneeling, bending, and pushing, pulling lifting and moving objects
- Valid driver’s license and own reliable transport
- South African citizen
- Clear credit and criminal records
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market-related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN A MONTH AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.