Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ in Midrand has an opportunity available for an OTC Consultant to join the team. The main purpose of this role will be to understand the underlying principles of all of the major areas related to the pharmaceutical environment and promoting the notion of quality lifelong learning
- Grade 12 / Matric - Mathematics HG, Life Science and or Physical Science and obtained at least an average of 50%
- The re-packaging of medicine;
- The distribution and control of stock of Schedule 1 to Schedule 5 medicines or scheduled substances; and
- The provision of information to individuals in order to promote health.
- The sale of Schedule 1 medicines or scheduled substances
- Capture patient details accurately and verify the patient’s details on the system.
- Ensure accurate picking/packing/labeling and checking of medication
- Give accurate instructions to the patients regarding the correct use of medicine supplied.
- Keep abreast of changes in medical aid procedures and requirements for claims and dispensing.
- Ensure that all medications, are checked for accuracy by a pharmacist and signed
- Assist the re-packaging of medicine.
- Advice and assist patients at the dispensary, self-medication counter and front-shop.
- Follow up with patients regarding script tracking reports as requested by the dispensary manager and follow up appointments.
- Explain all medical aid costs to patients.
- Provide information to individuals in order to promote health.
- Process all paperwork necessary for the accurate submission of claims to medical aids.
- Correct errors on scripts rejected by medical aid.
- Report on low - / out of stock levels and stock errors to the dispensary manager.
- Receive dispensary stock in accordance with the standard operating procedures set out by the company
- English and 2nd language – Read, write and speak.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Deadline driven
- Retail FMCG
- Drug and family planning and complementary medicine.
Special conditions of employment:
- South African citizen or valid work permit
- Willing to work Retail Hours in a controlled room temp, security, limited space, health and safety, risk stock
- Physically Fit – standing for long hours
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market-related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.