Dis-Chem Pharmacies has an opportunity available for a Skills Development facilitator at our Head Office in Midrand. The primary responsibility will be managing and maintaining relationships with various Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) and external and Internal training providers.
- Grade 12 – Senior Certificate
- Skills Development Facilitator Certificate
- Minimum of 3 years’ SDF Experience.
- Credible experience in liaising with a several SETAs.
- Human Resource or Industrial Psychology Qualification. ETDP Qualification
- Relevant experience in the Retail environment
- Effectively communicate with the various SETA’s to obtain relevant information regarding Training and Skills Programmes as per Dis-Chem needs.
- Serve as a contact person between the employer and the relevant Stakeholders.
- Compile implementation plans and supporting documents and ensure these are adhered to for the duration of the programmes.
- Ensure information required to arrange training for all training programmes is supplied to the administrators, this includes venue access requirements, dietary needs and other special needs of delegates.
- Provide specification for recruitment for Internship / Learnership or other programme needs, including but not limited to; role clarity, date of implementation, entry requirements, demographics, store/department and location.
- Arrange and facilitate administration days to ensure that all contracts and supporting documentation are completed by candidate, timeously and accurately.
- Communicate SETA initiatives, grants and benefits to Management.
- Assess the skills development needs of the organisation.
- Perform and oversee the coordination of induction on all new training programmes.
- Assist in applying for training programmes and grants in accordance to the Organisational Requirements.
- Arrange and attend SETA visits when required.
- Ensure Training Providers submit monthly training reports and track progress of all programs.
- Administer the invoicing of SETA.
- Manage the fund application and fund claim process to ensure maximum funding/rebates and value.
- Determine which courses are necessary and apply for Discretionary and Mandatory funding at SETA’s and compile all necessary information.
- Keep track on the ROI (Return on Investment) on all programmes and compile reports when required.
- Be responsible for ensuring all content and delivery methods (both delivery and supporting materials) drives the desired behaviour and mind-set shift as well as building competence, confidence and knowledge.
- Oversee training interventions and maintain records to ensure that the training programmes are properly administered, recorded and reported as required.
- Be responsible for ensuring all methods of delivery are effective, develop competence, change or embed behaviour, and deliver return on investment.
- Take responsibility for convening the skills committee and ensuring that appropriate consultative processes around skills development are implemented.
- Ensure department filling is up to date and accurate at all times.
- Maintain department records, ensuring complete accuracy and confidentiality.
- Ensure accurate and clear communication is given through to the relevant Dis-Chem stakeholders.
- Work within policies and procedures and in compliance with all BBBEE/ TAX/ EE Legislation.
- Assist in ensuring compliance and monitoring of the BBBEE (Skills Development section) scorecard system and ensure that the company requirements are maintained and updated timeously.
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of training programs and recommend improvement to Management.
- In coordination with the Learning & Development Manager ensure Dis-Chem receives highest possible BBBEE rating.
- Creative and innovative thinking skills
- English – Read, Write and speak well
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Target and Deadline Driven
- Basic numeracy and Finance skills
- Attention to detail
- Good customer service skills
- Be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Good communications skills
- Be able to facilitate group conversations
- Accountability and Dependability
- Trustworthy and honest
- Basic knowledge of budgets, invoices, payments and TAX
Special conditions of employment:
- Needs to work under pressure and reach tight deadlines
- South African citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.