- Grade 12 / Matric
- 4-5 years’ experience in a Sales / Advertising role
- Marketing Qualification
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in Sales / Advertising
- Identify and propose creative ways of selling advertising space, constantly innovating to ensure that sales parameters are met.
- Compile proposals and presentations for potential clients that meet company standards.
- Ensure that advertisers are given the best possible exposure to their target audience.
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their advertising needs.
- Present all advertising opportunities to the client.
- Monitor ongoing sales and growth in order to ensure that set targets are met.
- Establish relationships with suppliers/advertisers and internal staff.
- Reach out to potential new customer leads through internal leads.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently inside as well as outside of the organisation.
- Address complaints and resolve any queries in relation to advertising space for clients.
- Attend weekly meeting, compile required reports (weekly, monthly & quarterly) sales reports.
- Supply management with reports on problems, interests, potential for new products and services.
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of Marketing Practices and Principles
- Communications skills
- Negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills
Special conditions of employment:
- Needs to work under pressure and reach tight deadlines
- Extensive travelling
- South African
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market-related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.