Do you have analytical skills, the ability to identify problems in products, a keen eye for detail and an interest in food and supplement-related issues? Dis-Chem Pharmacies has an exciting position for a Food Technology/Biotechnology graduate to join the team. The graduate will assist with the managing of quality and safety of food and supplement products from the suppliers to the stores as well as the warehouse.
- Matric – Grade 12 and or Higher Certificate with a minimum of Math Lit 50%
- Diploma or Degree in Food Technology / Food Science (Biotechnology) or similar qualification
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience in the Health industry (vitamins, supplements or health foods).
- Any regulatory or GMP training
- Assist with various projects such as writing of specifications, sampling programme, external and internal audits, following up on vendor non-conformances, etc.
- Collection and verification of quality and safety certificates for vendors.
- Assist in the handling of product complaints and queries as well as ensuring that preventative and corrective action is taken where relevant.
- Liaise with laboratories to arrange product testing where and when necessary.
- Review products to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Perform food safety audits on stores.
- Manage the administration and filing associated with the above activities.
- Perform assigned projects and reports as requested by management.
- English – Read, write and speak
- Good time management
- Trustworthy and Honest
- Knowledge of retail, sales, customer service, product knowledge and stock control
- Basic financial knowledge
- Be a team player and customer service orientated
- Be able to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Must have an understanding of the principals of food and supplement products
- Must be able to read, analyse, and interpret technical documents including the ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Must be able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- 2nd Additional Language
- Be able to read and interpret sales and stock reports
Special conditions of employment:
- Reliable transport
- Clear MIE – Criminal and Credit Check
- South African citizen
Remuneration and benefits:
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN A MONTH AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.