Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ in Midrand has an opportunity available for a Graduate in Agriculture or any relevant field. The successful graduate will assist the Farm Project Manager in ensuring that there are enough materials and stock to maintain the consistency and quality of the garden.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Degree in the Agricultural field or relevant
- Relevant Industry experience
- Assist in implementing systems, i.e. water management systems, soil management systems, creation of project supporting structures such as seedling propagation tunnel.
- Prepare job specifications and progress reports on gardening projects.
- Assist the garden team in performing their functions and duties.
- Coordinate events, such as school visits and to other charities.
- Assist in community food garden projects supported by Dis-Chem Foundation.
- Formulate relevant reports for the management when needed.
- Ensure the appropriate record-keeping is undertaken.
- Ensuring that there are enough materials and stock to maintain consistency and quality.
- Maintain the sustainability of the projects by planning and forecasting.
- Knowledge of new equipment in the field of gardening and grounds
- Ability to work under pressure
- Methods and procedures used in planning and estimating job projects
- Methods and techniques of pest and vermin control
- Good communication skills
Special conditions of employment:
- South African citizen
- Outdoors – Dusty and might be exposed to extreme weather conditions such as heat, cold and rain.
- Physical demands include walking and standing, climbing, kneeling, push and pull objects, lift and move objects, repetitive bending.
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
Remuneration and benefits:
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.