Dis-Chem Pharmacies has an opportunity available for a Junior Field Support Technician to join the team at our Head Office in Midrand. You will be required to provide day-to-day support to all Computer end-users within the Dis-Chem IT landscape.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- 1 Year relevant experience
- A+ / N+
- Perform all tasks related to General IT Support.
- Ensure On-site Network Support, as well as support on any IT Related Hardware Equipment including mobile devices.
- Perform Any Ad-Hoc software support.
- Participate in the installation, configuration, maintenance and integration of computer hardware, software, and networking systems/devices.
- Maintain and troubleshoot low level technical issues.
- Track, log, and monitor all technical issues.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot applications, including general usage assistance.
- Roll out new hardware to local and remote locations as needed.
- Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer and user device related problems.
- Manage internal request in time.
- Process admin task timeously.
- Basic knowledge of IT Desktop Support, Microsoft OS (7/8/10) and Microsoft Office (2010/13/16). Basic Networking skills
- English –Read, write and speak well
- Trustworthy and honest
- Self-starter, diligent, accurate and pay attention to detail
- Have good communication skills
- Abide to working hours. Timeous attendance at working station
- Technical experience supporting Microsoft Windows 7/8/10, Microsoft Office 2010 / 2013 / 2016. Basic Networking knowledge
- 2nd Language – Read, write and speak well
- A+ / N+
Special conditions of employment:
- Needs to work under pressure and reach tight deadlines
- South African or valid work permit
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.